With Valentine’s Day around the corner, special meals and desserts seem to be on everyone’s mind. Molten Lava Cake fits the bill for a special treat, definitely pleasing the chocolate lover!
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
Unsweet Cocoa (dusting)
1 Stick Unsalted Butter
3 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 Large Egg
3 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
Raspberries (for Garnish)
Powdered Sugar for dusting
1 Large Egg Yolk
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Spray two 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Dust ramekins with cocoa powder, tapping out excess cocoa.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the egg, egg yolk, granulated sugar, and salt on high speed, until mixture turns light in color and texture, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and beat in the chocolate mixture, just until combined.
- Sift the flour onto the mixture, then fold it in using a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared ramekins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cakes until the edges are slightly puffed and set, and the centers are just barely set – about 12 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let res for 1-2 minutes. Run a paring knife around each ramekin’s edges, then invert each cake onto a plate.
- Top the cakes with raspberries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Kardea Brown @ www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/molten-chocolate-cakes-9612799