Celebrating May means several holidays, including Cinco De Mayo, Mother’s Day, Victoria Day, and Memorial Day! May generally brings us warmer weather and sometimes the start of picnic season! Try adding strawberry shortcake to your picnicking menu and, as always, enjoy!
(Bis)Quick Strawberry Shortcakes
2-1/3 c Bisquick mix
1/3 c milk
3 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1-quart strawberries, sliced
¼ c sugar
½ c heavy whipping cream
Shortcake Directions (serves 6-8)
- Preheat the oven to 425*F degrees.
- Add the sliced strawberries and 1/4 c sugar to a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir in the Bisquick biscuit baking mix, milk, 3 tbsp sugar and melted butter. Mix until soft and forms a dough.
- Using an ungreased baking sheet (or one lined with parchment paper), drop 6 spoonfuls of dough per biscuit. You should be able to get 6-8 biscuits.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the dough is baking, add the heavy cream to a small mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer, on high speed, until soft peaks form.
- Split the warm biscuits in half and fill them with cream and berries. Top with cream and berries as well. Enjoy!
Calories: 360kcal, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 84mg, Sodium: 337mg, Potassium: 375mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 23g, Vitamin A: 692IU, Vitamin C: 93mg ,Calcium: 164mg, Iron: 1mg
Recipe courtesy of EASY Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake Recipe | Lil’ Luna (lilluna.com)