In developing the VST Suite™, integrating critical facets of Food Service Management and Patient/Resident Care forms the basis of each component of the application. This allows Food Service Departments to rely on one automation system, as opposed to bridging separate software products.
Some of the ways Food Production and Menu Management processes collaborate in the VST SuiteTM applications are listed below:
- Inventory is built to be purchased with par levels or forecasted needs. Allergen data is auto populated when used as ingredients in recipes. Recipe allergens are monitored in accordance with the patient/resident records.
- Production sheets and Patient/Resident menus are built with recipes, based on defined service days, service areas, and scheduled cycles.
- Production Forecasting relies on patient/resident censuses and updated historical recipe service counts, impacting recipe preparation, and inventory purchasing needs.
- Floorstock relies on par levels or item requests, relieving inventory balances while accounting usage to defined Cost Centers.
- Patient tray tickets and nourishment delivery directly update Actual Usage history, assisting in forecasting the next service event.