Celebrating spring holidays (Passover & Easter) often includes a roasted lamb or rack of lamb. This recipe offers the flavors of spring, including mint sauce. Enjoy!
Roast Rack of Lamb with Mint Sauce
3, 8-chop racks of lamb
6 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 c fresh breadcrumbs
6 Tbsp fresh mint, chop
Fresh mint sprigs
1 c + 2 T. fresh mint, chop
½ cup beef broth
1/3 cup shallots, minced
6 T. red wine vinegar
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
Roast Lamb Directions (serves 6)
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees.
- Sprinkle lamb with salt & pepper. Spread 1 Tbsp mustard on each side of each lamb rack.
- Mix breadcrumbs and mint in a medium bowl. Press breadcrumb mixture onto lamb, coating completely.
- Arrange lamb, meat side up, on large baking sheet with rim. Roast lamb for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F degrees. Roast until meat thermometer registers 130F for rare; 20 minutes more for medium rare.
- Transfer lamb to a work surface. Tent with foil; let stand for about 5 minutes. Cut lamb racks between bones into chops. Arrange chops on serving dish.
- Garnish with mint sprigs; serve mint sauce on the side.
Mint Sauce Directions
- Combine 1 cup mint, broth, shallots, vinegar, and sugar in a heavy/small non-aluminum saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 2 hours.
- Strain sauce into large glass measuring cup. Place cornstarch in same saucepan.
- Whisk cornstarch into sauce. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir until sauce thickens slightly and turns translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before continuing). Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes about 1 cup.
Recipe courtesy of Roast Rack of Lamb with Mint Sauce Recipe | Epicurious