In any health care setting, any adjustment that can be made to fortify health throughout your facility without imposing on your patients is a good thing. So, why not start with the very recipes used in your kitchens? By simply pairing certain foods together, your patients can enjoy a boost to their nutrient absorption without even knowing it!
Best Food Pairings For Boosting Nutrition
- Broccoli & Tomatoes when paired together are a powerful defense against cancer – especially prostate tumors.
- Any Vegetable & Healthy Fat, such as pure olive oil, not only pair perfectly together in flavor, but the “good fat” also helps bodies absorb the many “protective phytochemicals” contained in the vegetables.
- Lentils & Beef, and Eggs & Spinach, are two ideal pairs. With plenty of folic acid and B Vitamins, like B6 and B12, to offer, these pairs are practically essential in the formation of healthy red blood cells and the preservation of natural blood homocysteine levels.
- Lentils & Lemon Juice Dressing are a delightfully fresh combination filled with vitamin C and the power to enhance the intake of “non-haem iron,” which is great for vegetarians, vegans, and patients suffering from iron deficiencies.
- Carrots & Olive Oil Hummus, and Kale & Avocado Dressing, are both essential pairings for supporting bone strength, healthy skin, and immune efficiency. It all has to do with the fact that vitamins A, D, E, and K are better absorbed into the body when paired with a healthy fat.
- Scrambled Eggs & Chia Seeds, and Salmon & Brown Rice, are all bursting with Omega-3 healthy fats and vitamin D, which means consuming these foods together can help improve the cognitive function of, and maintain health serotonin levels in, your patients.
- Salmon & Kale are wonderful together for thanks to calcium and vitamin C, which together optimize overall bone density and health, and proper calcium absorption in the gut.
- Black Pepper & Turmeric are amazing together, and it’s all because of a little thing called curcumin. “Curcumin is the active component in turmeric,” and is know for being an anti-inflammatory that can ward off cardiovascular disease, arthritis, and Alzheimer’s – black pepper boosts its absorption.
- Watermelon & Greek Yoghurt, and Tomatoes & Olive Oil, are important pairings for heart health thanks to lycopene – “a fat-soluble antioxidant responsible for the bright red color found in fruit and vegetables.”
- Beans/Chickpeas & Rice are full of protein and fiber, which can help the body regulate carbohydrates, like those found in starchier items such as rice, and prevent heightened blood sugar – giving your patients energy that last.
For even more inspired foodservice ideas, reach out to our insightful software specialists at Vision Software today. Call 629.777.8989, or fill in the free consultation form in the sidebar, to learn more about how Vision Software can positively impact the lives of the patients and visitors you service every day.